This original propane business (Wrightington’s Bottle Gas Service) was established in 1950 by Josephine & Arthur Wrightington. The business was located out of their family home on the Kingston/Plymouth line. Due to decline in their health, the business was sold in 1988 to their son Kevin Wrightington and its delivery operation/office moved to 63 Wapping Road, Kingston MA 02364.
In 1989 the business was changed/ incorporated under the name of Wrightington’s Gas Inc. (aka WGI). Since the sale of the business in 1988, the customer base has dramatically increased. In order to better serve their existing and future customers, the business built a sixty thousand (60,000) gallon plant/storage facility and was up and operating in 1997.